Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I swam like a pig toay



I believe you can learn more from a bad workout than a good one.  Here's what I mean:  when everything is going well, there is nothing to correct, nothing to push you, nothing to bring you to the next level. 

This morning I felt like a pig trying to swim.  It wasn't pretty.   After about 10 laps nothing felt right.  I was sluggish and had zero energy.   I wanted to quit, but I didn't.  I did 5 more, then 5 more, then started feeling better.  I was slow (like a pig) but focused on completing the task.

Here is what I learned: don't give up.  Some days your body fights back and doesn't do exactly what you tell it to do. Slow down, be patient, re-focus, and stay with it.   As I get older, I think this will be more important.   Today I did and even though my 44 lap time was a slow 48 minutes, I was fine with that.  I didn't quit.

Now If I can just keep this in mind when I try to starting riding long distances again......









No comments:

Post a Comment