Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I have gotten behind in my blogging.  I have a lot going on behind the scenes.  More on that in a few months.

Got up this morning and it was 22 degrees.  Winter forgot to check the calendar.  Fortunately my wife had covered the vegetable gardens so we had no damage. 

Greenhouses always put out tomato plans in February and March, and that causes folks to believe it's time to plant.  It's not, and many are tempted when temperatures bump the 70s and get anxious and put warm weather crops in the ground. 

My wife and I use April 15th as the date for planting tomato plants.  We plan to add a few more 'maters this year.  The kale grew well, but honestly we didn't eat much of it.
Miss Emma did not want to go outside this morning.  Neither did I, so I walked on the treadmill at the Y.  Did 3.01 miles in 1 hour at 2 degree elevation.   Should have done more, but was happy with that.  Plan to eat light for lunch and continue drinking a ton of water.  Have dropped a few lbs. but a long way to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment